Some SEO challenges make us anxious and alert 24/7. Okay, maybe not 24/7; 25/8 seems more relatable. Sour jokes aside, please never forget that digital dangers might happen to your site when you do not anticipate that. Let us revise all potential issues so that you have a checklist of them for your next audit!
1. Losing All Your SEO Reports
SEO PowerSuite’s SEO Reporting Software gathers solid data businesses cannot afford to lose. That is why it is principally significant to store all your information, even if you constantly have access to auditing tools. If you do not have a backup, you risk losing your progress and data if something happens to your computer.
2. Backlinks Monitoring Fail
If you stop monitoring your backlink profile, you will never know if any links disappear. That also applies to link changes and new links. If any of these happen without your knowledge, you will have difficulty knowing what caused your rankings to drop. The best way to avoid this is by setting up backlink alerts.
3. Your Unfriendliest Competitor Ranks Higher
Your on-page optimization and link-building efforts do not only influence your SEO rankings. It is also determined by how successfully you stack up against the competition. If your fiercest business rival outranks you, they will get more traffic, organic leads, and conversions. As a result, their business will grow while yours stagnates. Hence, never neglect to conduct SEO PowerSuite’s competitor keyword research and resembling checks. One day might suffice for them to outrun you.
3. Google’s Guidelines Alter, and You Miss That
As a business owner, you must know the latest SEO news and trends to keep your site up-to-date. Google updates its rules and guidelines now and then, which can impact your website’s SEO if you are not careful. For example, the Medic Update affected many healthcare and wellness websites because they did not comply with Google’s E-A-T guidelines.
4. Your Website’s Health Is Hardly Improvable, and It Is Easier to Create a New One Now
Your website’s health should be one of your top priorities, especially if you want it to rank higher in SERPs. If you have a poorly-designed website or thin content, it won’t be easy to rank higher than your competitors. Make sure to conduct an SEO audit of your site regularly so you can identify and fix any issues that might be holding it back.
5. Duplicate Content Happens
Duplicate (even if not necessarily plagiarized) content is one of the most common SEO problems businesses face. It happens when two or more pages on your site have the same or similar content. That confuses Google and can lead to lower rankings. To avoid duplicate content, create unique and original content for each page on your site. You can also use 301 redirects to point Google to your preferred page version.
6. You Did Not Check Rankings for a While, and Now They Plummeted
If you stop checking your rankings, you will not know when they will drop. That is why it is important to track your rankings regularly so you can identify and fix any issues causing them to drop.
7. Your Website’s Security Is Compromised
If your website is hacked, it can harm your SEO. Not only will let trust of your visitors slip, but Google will also penalize your site if it detects malicious content on it. You should also use a security plugin to protect your site from hackers. Henceforth, keep your website and plugins up-to-date.
8. Rankings Drop Due to Mobile-Unfriendliness
Many technical issues can cause your rankings to fall to Oblivion. For example, if your website is not mobile-friendly, you will lose out on traffic and rankings. Test your mobile version regularly and thoroughly to ensure it is working properly. You can also use Google’s Search Console to identify and fix any technical issues affecting your mobile version.
9. There Is Negative Testimonial You Have Ignored for too Long
If you have negative reviews or testimonials, it can hurt your business. People stop clicking your site because they know you will not pay attention to their problems like the one in charge should. Make sure to address any negative feedback so you can improve your reputation.
10. You Forgot to Launch the Advertisement Campaign
Even if your SEO constituent is 10/10, the insufficient promotion will nullify your hard effort. Promotion campaigns must be regular and consistent in their way. Moreover, you must advertise your website using various communication channels, from external sites to video platforms and opinion hubs like Twitter.
Tips Before Goodbyes: Three Ways to Ensure Your SEO Is Stellar
- Professional SEO assistance. The best way to stay on top of your SEO is to hire an SEO agency that can help you with everything from keyword research to link building. Nevertheless, that might be costly. So, that is an option for averagely-sized businesses and enterprises that can afford consistent SEO assistance.
- SEO knowledge you grow. Another way to ensure your SEO is stellar is to keep up with the latest trends and news. You can do this by following SEO blogs and subscribing to SEO newsletters. This one is free but mostly theoretical than practical.
- Becoming an SEO audit master. Finally, you can ensure your SEO is stellar by regularly conducting an SEO audit of your site. That lets businesses identify and fix any issues holding back your site. Plus, you remain independent and learn technical things that suffice to sustain your website’s health! While conducting an SEO audit might cost you a subscription to a program or software purchase, it is usually cheap but remains an amazing contribution to your business.
We hope that SEO’s nightmare never happens to you outside your imagination! If it does, don’t hesitate to take action asap. Time is precious for SEO; the faster you detect a problem, the easier it is to fix it. Regular check-ups are essential to keeping your website in good health and high rankings. So, monitor your site regularly and take action if you see any red flags. Best of luck!