Workout music is essential to a great workout. Whether you are completing the physical therapy treatment that your PTA planned for you or you are just hitting the treadmill or gym for a good sweat, these are the best workout music playlists to get you through your workout.
Best Places to Find Workout Songs
It’s a secret that everyone loves to know about. The best workout songs and music can help you power through a tough workout. Some people even use them as a way to beat the boredom of their daily routine. These songs will spike your heart rate and keep you feeling energized throughout the duration of your workout.
Here are some of the best places to search for new workout songs:
- YouTube is home to some of the best workout music available, be it for morning or evening workouts. There are also playlists for different styles including pop, rap, techno, rock and many more.
- Pandora is a free internet radio service that has a library of over 40 million songs that can be personalized to your taste. It is more of a niche app that is great for users who want to listen to music while they work out, with different genres and styles on the workout playlists.
- Amazon Prime Music is a great place to start for those looking to create the perfect workout playlist. The service has a variety of different music genres and personal playlists that will help find new music, build playlists, and get more out of the experience.
- Spotify has a variety of great workout music playlists that can be accessed through the app. You can find your friends’ Spotify playlists to see what they are working out and listening to. Spotify even made our list of the most trending apps in 2021.
- SiriusXM has tons of stations that play great workout music. You can find everything from the background music you hear at your physical therapy clinic to old school rock hits and brand new hip hop.
Workout songs have been popular around the world for years now, but it has been difficult for those who don’t like traditional workout music to find the right kind of sound that they might like better. Thankfully, people are realizing that there are many different genres out there, and they’re finally creating these playlists made exclusively for those who need something outside of their comfort zone.
Trying one of the above music apps is sure to help you find your favorite workout music. While you are in the app store, you might as well check out some of the best physical therapy apps as well. These physical therapy apps will help you complete the treatments that your PT and physical therapist assistant assign to you. The best part is, you can listen to your new workout music while you complete your PT treatments!
Best Workout Music Genres
There is no guide for finding the best workout music genre. Everyone has their own taste in music, sometimes I enjoy listening to classical music or soft John Mayer songs while I lift heavy weights. Lol. It definitely doesn’t mean that classical music is one of the best workout music genres, it just means that I enjoy it.
So, take all of the following suggestions as recommendations to try them out and see which ones fit your personal tastes. You never know, trying something new might actually have you finding that you like classical music while you deadlift 400+ lbs.
Here are the top 3 most popular workout music genres, that some would say are the best workout music genres.
Rap Workout Music
The most popular workout music genre is rap, which is also the most popular music genre in general. Rap has a lot of variety and artists such as Soulja Boy, Lil Wayne, and Tupac Shakur have made their mark in the industry through rap songs.
Rock Workout Music
Rock may not be as popular as rap but it’s still a great workout type of music. The Rolling Stones, Beastie Boys, and Blink 182 all have songs that are great for a rock-out session while pumping iron or running on a treadmill.
Electronic Workout Music
Electronic music provides another very unique beat to work out to. Artists such as Deadmau5, Calvin Harris, and Swedish House Mafia are some examples of artists from this category who offer great beat-dropping hits that will keep you moving.
What Are You Listening to?
Now that we have shared the best workout music playlists and where you can listen to them, what are some of your favorite workout music genres?
Regardless of what kind of workout music you are bumping during your exercises, we hope you are staying active and healthy.
Keep up the hard workouts and don’t stop listening to your favorite music.