As the bells are jingling now and the streets are lit up with pretty lights, we can tell that Christmas is just around the corner! It’s that time of the year for which we all eagerly wait. The dominant red hue in the air with all other colors around it creates the beautiful ambiance, the joy of sitting with your friends and family sharing old stories, and lots of laughter, the excitement of getting a chance to kiss your crush under the mistletoe and the mouthwatering aroma of mouthwatering cakes. If there is one thing about the customs of this festival, that is baking the most delicious desserts.
If you have tried all the traditional Christmas Cakes and now looking for something different then we are here to fulfill your wish!
Try baking Cranberry Coffee Cake this time, this tasty delicacy is different from the regulars that you order through order cake online Chennai and yet the theme and base of this cake are Christmasy. The browny point is that making this cake at home is incredibly easy. So if making your loved ones happy is on your list this Christmas then take your whisks out and let’s bake it together.
Servings: 16 Dainty slices
Prep time- 10 Mins Baking Time- 1 hour and 5 mins Total Time- 1 hour and 15 mins
The things that you will need to make this mouth-watering cake, are;
- Eight ounces of softened cream cheese
- One full cup of softened unsalted butter
- One and a half cups of sugar
- Four large full-size eggs
- One and a half tiny teaspoons of vanilla powdered extract
- Two and a half cups of white all-purpose flour
- One teaspoon of baking powder
- Half tiny teaspoon of salt
- Two cups full of fresh or frozen cranberries
- Half a cup of finely chopped walnuts
- Confectioners’ sugar
After gathering everything you need for this delicious dessert, pull up your sleeves and get to work!
- First of all, preheat the oven to 350° F or 177° C and prepare your cake pan by greasing it up completely with butter or vegetable oil. Remember to cover the internal circle properly or the cake will stick to the pan.
- Take a bowl and add sugar, butter, cream cheese, and vanilla extract, and beat it until it is completely smooth. Next, take the eggs and add one egg at a time, i.e add one egg and mix it well then add the next. Once done keep this mixture aside for some time.
- Combine only 2 cups flour (keep the rest half-cup aside), salt, and baking powder into another bowl and mix all the ingredients together. Once that is done, take the bowl with cream cheese batter and mix the elements of both the bowls together.
- Now, the batter you have must be extremely thick and difficult to mix, beat the batter a little to make it a bit soft but do not beat too much or it will ruin the texture of the cake. Just beat it enough that it is moveable.
- Now keep the mixed batter aside and take the remaining half cup of flour. Coat the chopped walnuts and cranberries in the four properly and dip them into the batter. Do not forget to deseed the cranberries and do not mix them roughly or the fruit and nuts may break.
- Now take your prepared pan and pour the mixture very carefully into the pan and bake for around 65 to 70 minutes or more time if it seems necessary to you. Let it sit in the oven for 5 minutes before removing it from the oven. To check if the cake is done or not, poke a toothpick in the cake and if it comes out clean, you are good to go. Let it cool down and before serving garnish the cake with powdered confectioners’ sugar.
Christmas celebration is incomplete without a delicious cake and the above-mentioned recipe is very easy to make and incredibly delicious. If you don’t feel like baking, then you can always order cake online, just like delivery of birthday cake online, there are plenty of online bakeries that provide Christmas cakes online delivery. So enjoy your day and have a very merry Christmas!