Dental crowns are a form of dental restoration. In this procedure, a tooth’s natural shape and size are changed to make it resemble an actual tooth. Crowns cover the entire visible surface and can be made out of ceramic, porcelain, or plastic. They can also be made from metal alloys such as gold or silver. If you think that you need a dental crown to restore your mouth’s function and aesthetic appeal, we’re here to provide you with some tips on how to get one.
Miracle Dental provides dental crowns in Bucks County for those who want this treatment with no fuss. There are many different types of dental crowns available from dental clinics, but a great dentist will be sure to customize the treatment to your situation and preferences. Following are some tips you should check out if you are getting dental crowns or considering them:
1) Consult with your dentist first: Your dentist will do an evaluation and check-up if needed before they recommend whether or not you need a dental crown. They may also show you some different types of dental crowns.
2) Find out the procedure and healing time: This is essential information that you need to know because aside from the cost, the amount of time required for the process may also affect your decision. While complete healing of procedures such as dental implants can take 6-8 weeks, with crowns only, people can typically return to their normal activities nearly right away.
3) Understand your options for crown materials: For maximum success, be prepared when it comes to choosing your crown material. Your dentist will tell you what kinds of materials are best for dental crown implants. Most of the time, porcelain is the material that most dentists prefer because it looks very similar to our natural teeth. In addition, it can be used in all areas of the mouth from front to back. Dentists also like porcelain because this kind of material is highly resistant to staining and discoloration.
Metal-based crowns are usually made out of gold or silver, while ceramics may be clear or opaque. While some prefer them, metal obviously cannot mimic the natural color and shape of your existing teeth!
4) Know the cost of crowns: Dental crowns can range from $100 for just a single unit up to $1,000, depending on your location and dentist. If you need more than one restoration work, your dentist may recommend several procedures in one go, and in such cases, the total cost will add up. Of course, cost is also highly dependent on the person’s insurance, if applicable.
5) Tell your dentist about your current medications: Your doctor should always know about the medications you’re taking before you undergo a treatment or procedure, and going to the dentist is no exception. Your dentist can help minimize the possibility of any problems by using different materials or steps in the procedure if needed.
6) Review all available options with your dentist before you book an appointment: For your dental crown, be sure that you are aware of the process and what results you should expect. If there is something that you do not like at any point during the restoration, then tell your dentist about it right away. This way, they can be sure that you are happy with the result.
7) Follow up: Make sure that your dentist follows up on the work until everything is satisfactory. Dental crowns usually last from 5 to 10 years, and they can even last longer if maintained well! But nothing lasts forever—once a crown starts losing its shape and effectiveness, don’t wait too long to visit your dentist again because you may need a replacement.
8) Know the alternatives: What to do if you can’t afford to get a dental crown with the current state of your finances and expenses? You can probably consider other options such as a removable partial denture or a flipper. These appliances may be more affordable than having an implant, though they do not last long. Usually, they last up to three months. Then, of course, there is also the option of using them until you have saved enough money for your crowns.
10) Ask about payment plans: Some dentists accept monthly payment plans instead of paying up front in full. If money is tight, be sure to inquire about this beforehand to see which arrangements are possible for you. You do not want to start restoration before finding out that it will take you a long time to pay back the funds.
If you need a great dentist in Bucks County, Miracle Dental offers a wide range of dental treatments in general dentistry, cosmetic dentistry, and pediatric dentistry. With the help of modern technology and state-of-the-art equipment, we can perform procedures such as implant restorations, crowns, bridges, veneers, root canals, and more.
We at Miracle Dental have a committed team and modern equipment to serve you. We pride ourselves in practicing the highest quality of dentistry to make you feel comfortable and confident. Come visit us today!