When it comes to finding the right handheld airless paint sprayer for your home, industries, this can be a bit confusing as there are so many available. Consider what you are going to use the handheld airless paint sprayer to do and how often you will be using it before making the buy
Are you painting houses or something else? The size of the job for which the sprayer will be used is vital to choosing the right one. This is where a lot of people make mistakes. They do not consider the size of the project and they end up with a sprayer that does not perform as well as they want.
Another thing to consider is how often are you going to use the sprayer? Will it be used rarely or are you looking for one to use on a regular basis? By asking yourself a few questions before making the buy you can choose the right one for the job. Take a look at the following to help you make an informed choice by learning the most vital factors to consider before making your buy.
What is a Handheld Airless Paint Sprayer?
These are usually driven by gas, electric or a hydraulic motor. There are some that are driven by abbreviations. This type is called a pneumatic airless sprayer. The airless paint is pumped into the gun through a hose using very high pressure. At the end of the spray gun, there is a tip that is chosen depending on what will be sprayed. This tip helps the user even spray paint in a fan pattern for coverage. There should be enough force from a large tip sprayer to prevent getting stuck. Each paint sprayer will be rated by the unit of measurement PSI (pounds per square inch) for pressure.
The best airless paint sprayer will be capable of providing a smooth, even end on the surface of whatever is being painted. Of course, it takes some skill to handle the sprayer as well. The paint or lacquer that is being applied is pumped from a can or bucket depending on what is being sprayed. For large surfaces like walls, this makes the process much quicker and simpler.
Why have I chosen the Graco Magnum Project Painter PP7 as the top pick? It has a powerful 3000 psi sprayer. An added benefit is the ability to switch from spraying to pressure rolling. It is user-friendly, making it simple to operate and provides a qualified look for contractors or projects around the home.
The Graco Magnum X5 is fifth on the list, mainly because it is more of an airless sprayer for homeowners rather than professionals. This airless sprayer is very portable. Cleanup is simple. Connect it to a water hose and it is simple to clean the gun, pump, and hose in a minimum amount of time. The price is affordable and it can pump from a one or five gallon bucket.
Why is it Important to have the best Sprayer?
Finding the best product for the money is something that everyone wants. When it comes to job routines, the best can mean different things to different people. Not everyone considers certain features in the same way. It is very vital to have the best airless sprayer for the job or jobs that you will be doing and that can depend on whether it is needed for personal use or if it will be used for income purposes. If you do not make the right choice, this can result in the following problems:
- Loss of income from jobs
- Poor routine
- Taking longer to complete a job
- Less than desirable finished look
- Added expense of buying another sprayer
How to Find the best handheld airless paint sprayer
Naturally the different aspects of each brand or type of sprayer will be part of what is considered before making the ultimate buy. This will include some aspects that are basic and others that are specific to the job for which the sprayer will be used. These aspects will include the following:
- Tips – One of the main features that will need to be carefully thought about before making a buy are the tips for the sprayer. Since the width of the fan pattern sprayed and the flow of the paint is not modifiable on airless sprayers, they must be adjusted by using different tips. They can range in width from approximately 6 inches to 14 inches. You will need to choose the tip that is best for your project. Smaller widths are best for smaller surfaces and walls and other larger surfaces will need the wider width tips.
- Horsepower – If you are concerned with the speed of carrying out a painting job, you will likely need a sprayer with more horsepower. This controls the gallons sprayed per minute. If you are painting large surfaces such as walls, you will be using a wider spray pattern and this means you need more pressure, thus more power.
- Power Cord – If the jobs you will be doing with the sprayer are mainly outdoors, a longer power cord will be needed. You can go the sprayer more freely to the area you are painting and there is no need to stop and start constantly because you have to find another power source.
- Paint Capacity – A sprayer that pulls the paint from a 5-gallon bucket is better for large jobs. This reduces the need to refill constantly, which can take up an excellent bit of time. If speed is one of your considerations, you will want one with a larger capacity.
- Warranty – Check the airless paint sprayer that you are considering buying and see what the warranty includes. As with other aspects, this will vary from one model to another. Some have a one-year warranty against defects and there are models that have as much as a four-year warranty with a lifetime motor and drivetrain warranty. Consider the price being paid for the sprayer. You would expect an expensive one to have a more wide-ranging warranty.
- Included Equipment – Some sprayers have the gun, tips, an adapter for simple cleanup, an instructional guide and/or DVD included with the buy. Others may not have all or any of this included other than directions. You may be required to buy these items connectedly. Look to see what comes with the sprayer you are thinking of buying because separate buys of dainty equipment needed can add quite a bit to the price.
Naturally the price will be a factor when you are looking for the best airless paint sprayer. There are probably as many different prices as there are sprayers. This may be very vital to some people. If you reckon you cannot afford an expensive sprayer, you may want to consider the consequences of purchasing a cheaper model. The cheapest price is not always the better value. If you end up replacing a sprayer that was bought for less money because it does not do the job that you need it to do, was it really an excellent value? A higher priced sprayer may have better or more features that make it the best choice.
There are companies that provide rankings for airless sprayers based on what they consider the most vital factors. This includes but is not limited to the flow rate, the operating pressure, the type of sprayer being ranked, the hose length and how simple it is to use. The ones you are looking for for the best rankings should be based entirely on the aspects and not paid rankings as they may differ somewhat. Check the web for rankings based on the dainty model of sprayer that you are attracted to purchasing.
Best handheld airless paint sprayer reviews are similar to rankings; but, they are more detailed. They contain information about the sprayers from people who have really bought and used them. If they were disappointed with a dainty feature, they will not hesitate to include this in their review. By the same token, if they are pleased with a feature this will also be included. You should try to find reviews that are impartial so that you get the best thought of which one meets your supplies. There will be many reviews on the Internet for airless sprayers and it should not be a problem to find some for the type that you are considering buying.
All of the above should be taken into consideration when choosing the best airless sprayer. This will aid in seminal if you are making the right choice. You have seen our top picks for airless sprayers. Now you can choose which one is right for your needs based on the features and other aspects.