How to Get Rid of Your Old Car And Get Cash?
There are a number of people who happen to own old junk cars and are completely bewildered about what to do with them. If you are one of those people, then you should know that just because your vehicle was involved in a major accident or has serious mechanical issues doesn’t mean that you can’t make some money out of it.
In fact, most people tend to have no idea what their junk cars are actually worth, and as a result, they end up taking them to a scrapyard or simply letting them degrade in their yard. So, we’re going to break down how you can dispose of your junk car and make some money in the process.
After all, there are numerous cash-for-cars services out there that are looking to purchase old cars. And since most of them are open to accepting any car in any type of condition, there is a high chance that you will be able to get rid of your car without any hassle.
But before we dive into that, there are two main ways that you can get rid of your old vehicle today: you can either sell the junk car as a whole, sell junk yard car parts near me, or donate it to charity.
Best Ways To Sell Your Junk Car
#1. Sell Your Junk Car As A Whole
The fastest, easiest, and cheapest way to sell a junk car is typically by selling it as a whole. This is because when you reach out to a junk car service like USCarJunker to sell your vehicle, they will typically offer free pick-up and haul-away services.
You only need to fill out an online form and answer a few questions. If you accept their cash offer, the company’s representatives will show up to pay you for it and haul away your junk for free. It’s that simple.
#2. Sell Your Junk Car For Parts
Another way to profit from selling your junk car is to strip it for parts and sell them bit by bit. This can be a great way to maximize your earnings, as selling them individually can often allow you to make more money than selling the vehicle as a whole.
However, it typically requires a lot of time, effort, and money in regard to advertising and finding a buyer. You will also need to hire a professional mechanic to take the car apart without damaging any of the valuable parts.
This is why most people prefer to find junkyards in Washington via USCarJunker and sell their junk cars as a whole. It is generally the fastest and most reliable way to get rid of the vehicle while also ensuring that you pocket a fair amount of extra cash in the process.
#3. Donate Your Junk Car To Charity
There are various charities that are open to accepting junk cars as donations because some of them hire underprivileged people to repair them and make them roadworthy again. Meanwhile, other charities will simply send them to be recycled for spare parts and sold for cash.
It is a great way to put your junker to use, especially if you don’t really need the money. Plus, the added benefit of donating it to a 501(c)(3) charity is that it provides you with a tax receipt for the car’s market value. This can then be labeled as a contribution on your income tax form to claim a deduction.
Pros and Cons of Selling Your Junker For Cash
Selling your junk car to a cash-for-car service like USCarJunker is undoubtedly the fastest and easiest way to make a profit off your old vehicle. However, as beneficial as it can be, it also comes with its own set of drawbacks to consider. So, let’s quickly break down and assess what these main factors are.
- All Titled Vehicles Qualify: Most of these companies are more than willing to purchase and collect junk cars regardless of the titles. For instance, it doesn’t matter if it has a salvage title, which can typically lower your car’s worth. These cash-for-car services will provide you with an offer without any issues.
- Quick and Instant Offers: Most cash-for-car services offer instant cash quotes for all types of cars, which helps you to save yourself a lot of time in selling your vehicle. All that you need to do is to fill out the evaluation form and wait for an offer.
If you are satisfied with it, you can accept it, and within a few days, they will be at your doorstep, ready to tow the car away. Plus, it typically doesn’t cost anything to get a quote, so you should be able to get multiple offers and compare them to get yourself the best possible deal.
- Instant Cash Payments: The good thing about using such services to sell your junk car is that they tend to provide a diverse range of payment methods, with cash or check payments being the most common. Also, unlike private selling, you don’t have to worry about having to negotiate with a cash-for-car representative. The amount you were initially offered will always be exactly what you receive in payment.
- Safe and Legal: Unlike online buyers, most cash-for-car services operate within local state regulations. This means they have tone registered and comply with the legislation set by the government. As such, they are often safe to rely on, so you do not have to be concerned about any risk of being scammed or defrauded.
- Not A Marketplace: Cash-for-car services are not suitable for those looking to get different market value comparisons on similar cars and models. They also do not allow you to search for any newly released cars, either. You will only be able to sell your junker based on the offer they give you, so it is a relatively straightforward but limited sale method.
- No Negotiation: Unlike car marketplaces, you cannot negotiate with these companies for a better offer. They simply conduct a quick evaluation of your car’s condition and provide you with a quote that is final. You cannot ask for more money, so what you are offered is what you get. The only way to try and get a better offer is to check out what other similar junk car services can offer you in comparison.
Is Selling My Car For Cash Legit?
Absolutely. The cash-for-cars industry has been steadily expanding over the past few years, and as a result, many state and federal laws have been put in place to ensure these businesses operate within the confines of the law.
With the assistance of these services, tens of thousands of car owners have been able to sell their vehicles quickly and without much hassle. You also don’t have to worry about dealing with any complex paperwork, either.
After all, these companies have representatives who are more than willing to guide you through the process from start to finish. However, do keep in mind that you are legally required to report the sale of any car to the DMV, which prevents you from being responsible for any potential liabilities.
You should remove the car’s license plate before selling it, as these plates can be re-used on a new car. In addition, if the car was insured, you should also ensure that you inform your insurance company that you have sold it to avoid being charged any premiums after the fact.