How to Prepare for Class 6 Science Exam from NCERT Book?
Science in class 6 is a combination of three subjects – Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. For your science exam, reading the NCERT textbook is necessary. Once you do that thoroughly, you will be able to attempt every question in your exam.
Here’s a list of all the important chapters and topics from your class 6 Science textbook –
- The first chapter of your class 6 Science book is “Food: where does it come from.” In this chapter, you will learn everything about food. You will learn the definition of food, which you should understand and memorize. Do not memorize without understanding what food is in scientific terms. You also have to focus on the reason why living organisms require food. Also, understand and learn the classification of different types of organisms based on the types of food they eat.
- The second chapter that you are going to learn is- “Components of Food”. From the first chapter, you got to know and learn all the basics of food. In the second chapter, you will delve deeper into the topic of food and learn about it in more detail. You are going to learn what food is made up of. Focus on learning about the various components of food. The components of food are nutrients such as carbohydrates, fats, proteins, vitamins, minerals, and so on. You should focus on learning about them in detail.
- The third chapter of your NCERT book is “Fibre to Fabric.” The chapter deals with all kinds of fibres available in nature. Also, focus on learning about the difference between natural fibres and artificial fibres. Also, learn how fibres are turned into fabrics in a factory. Learn how these fabrics are then used to make various types of clothes. Focus on learning about the sources of each fabric. By the end of this chapter, you should be able to identify fabrics by reading about their characteristics.
- The fourth chapter is “Sorting Materials Into Groups.” This chapter focuses on teaching you about all the different kinds of material available in this world. You should focus on learning about the characteristics of each material. You should know what each material looks like. You should learn how every material has a different feel to them. You should also try to remember what things are made from certain types of materials. Try remembering the names of at least five things that are made from a certain type of material.
- The fifth chapter is “Separation of Substances.” The first thing that you are going to learn about in this chapter is what a mixture is. After learning everything about a mixture, you will also learn how to separate different types of mixtures. This is the main thing to focus on in this chapter. Learn about the various methods of separation of mixtures in this chapter. This is the best way to prepare yourself to answer questions of this chapter in your exams.
- The sixth chapter is “Changes Around Us.” Learn about the two main types of changes that occur in nature. They are reversible and irreversible changes. Focus on learning the difference between these two types of changes. Also, memorize a few examples of each kind of change. By the end of this chapter, you should be able to identify whether a change is reversible or irreversible.
- The seventh chapter is “Getting to Know Plants.” This chapter will introduce you to the plant world. The plant world is huge but in this chapter, you should focus on learning the basics about it. Learn about different categories of plants, their habit, habitat, nutrition, and so on. Learn various characteristics of different types of plants. This is a very important chapter as learning this will help you learn about advanced plant science further in upper classes.
- You should look up “Chapter Wise important questions” online to get the important questions from each chapter, along with the answers. You will get all the important questions that are relevant from each chapter. Once you know this, you will be able to focus on the most important aspects of a chapter. Also, if you take a look at the questions and ncert solutions for class 6 science, you will get a pretty good idea of the questions that will come in your exam.
- Along with chapter-wise important questions, also complete the textbook exercises. This is a really good way to prepare for your examinations and revise the chapters. Regular revision is very important for you to remember all the important parts of a chapter. So do not forget to revise.