You might waste hundreds of dollars and hours of grooming sessions for no purpose while deciding to have a dip in the ocean or pool without taking any preventive measures.
Yes! I am talking about your hair that you styled from the hairdresser in last week’s grooming session by paying bunks of money. All the time and money will dampen in the trash if you don’t take any precautions to save your hairs from the chlorine, saltwater, and sun.
How much do you love the blonde color of your hair if you do not treat them well during your swimming session? No matter! It will surely turn green, so the only way to protect colored hair from chlorine, saltwater, and the sun is to take good care of your strands and treat them well before and after swimming in the ocean.
If you wonder how much it affects your hairs, then the chlorine, salt water, and sun harm your follicles by damaging your hair strands adversely and making them look dull, dry, and breakage. It will create itchiness on the scalp, dryness, and change the color of the hair.
Remarkably, all these three elements in combination create an adverse effect on the hairs and change their appearance, texture, and color. Significantly change the blonde color into green color.
So what are the hacks which protect your hair throughout the swim session? I have divided the process into two parts;
- Wet your hair; preparing your hides before having a swim session is highly important. Shave a quick shower to clean all the sebum or grease from the hair scalp as it may also clog the scalp’s pores and cause problems. If you wet your strands, your hair will absorb all the freshwater instead of drinking the saltwater from the ocean or chlorinated water from the sea.
- Put live-in conditioner; this hack will protect your hairs from all kinds of damage. It’s formatted to protect your hair from drying and damage. Applying the live-in conditioner means you are locking your moister of the scalp and making them resist the chemicals to affect the follicles. It works perfectly on the ends of the hairs as they are infected the most.
- Put hair in the bun; if you are not an Instagram model who loves to share wet hair and perfect bikini posed pictures on the social apps, I recommend you roll the bun up and slay comfortably by playing safer. If you wrap a high bun, then there are fewer chances you will not wet your hairs and protect them from the contaminated water and salty ocean water.
Now it was all related to the salt and chlorine water we forget about sun, as it also hurt the hairs. I would recommend you use the protection creme for the coats formatted with the UV-protected formula.
- Wash your hair thoroughly; rinse your hair right after getting out of the pool or ocean as it is necessary because if you waste your time more on other things, then there are chances that your hair might absorb all the chemicals that might cause severe damage on your strands and scalp. One more thing that you need to remember during the shower is to wash your hair with cold water instead of hot water, as cold water will help clean your scalp, freshen your strands and minimize the damage caused by the sun UV radiations.
- Use deep cleaning Shampoo; applying Shampoo on your scalp is highly important as it rinses all the chemicals and salt from the scalp, and freshwater rinses all the color of chemicals. The Shampoo also deep cleans the pores and makes them restore the moisturizer.
- Apply moisturizer on the strands; moisturizer always plays wonders on your hairs while applied before or after diving into the ocean or pool. It locks the motorization that the water removed from the follicles and locks the moist of the strands because they affect and damage more poorly than the scalp.
- Air dry your hairs; if you are a person who loves to blow-dry your strands after washing, then I would recommend you not to blow-dry your coats instead let them air dry, And if you are in a hurry, then try to dry them by using the cold air from your dryer instead of warm air, but air drying is the best option.
Pro-tip; The best way to play safer and treat your hair in a good way is by covering your hair with the beach hat or with the swim cap.
Firstly, If you cover your hair with a beach hat, then there are more chances that you will save them from direct exposure to the sun and keep your strands safer from the heat.
Secondly, if you can avoid direct contact with the sun and avoid them being exposed to the sun directly, I would recommend using them to use the swim cap while diving into the deep sea. The swim cap will keep your hair dry and protect it from the sun’s UV rays.
Isn’t this method is excellent? There is no need to worry about the damage that the combination of polluted water or sun would create on our hairs.
More preferably, I have an idea for you!
I know it will make your hair smoother, softer, and more beautiful. How about applying the keratin or any other condition on your hairs while swimming and covering them with a swim cap?
So, in this way you can enjoy swimming the conditioner will make your hair smooth and healthy. Also, the cap will lock the moisturizer for a long time and absorb it entirely, so after a shower, it will look perfect and healthy.
That all from my sides, folks! I have mentioned all the before and after swimming hacks that will help to protect your hair from damage. I am sure you will love it and will enjoy them too.