Is Kratom medically safe for health?
Today kratom strains are almost available everywhere and people can access them through both online and local kratom stores. The kratom strains are widely acknowledged for their multiple health benefits in recent times.
But the increasing popularity of kratom also arises questions like that is kratom strain medically safe? Are taking kratom strains are good for your health? Etc.
Here we will discuss everything about Kratom strains’ safety so if you are interested in kratom do not miss to read this.
Strains of kratom originate from an indigenous tropical plant of Southeast Asia called Mitragyna Speciosa. And native people are using this herb since ancient times so it is also part of many cultural and religious ceremonies.
Traditionally, kratom strains are associated with manual laborers and daily workers. They used to chew the raw kratom leaves and it helped them to maintain their energy levels and also reduce body aches and fatigue. And in other parts of Southeast Asia people used to dry the leaves of kratom and ground them into smooth powder to make tea out of it (China, Japan, etc.).
But the people of the western world came to know about Kratom after the 19th century. And in recent times it has become one of the largest selling herbs across the world. And now you can have them in many forms like powder, capsules, tablets, mixed with foods and beverages, etc.
Types of kratom strains
Let us tell you if you do not know that kratom comes in different strains. The division is made depending on the color of the veins of kratom leaves.
- Red-veined Kratom strains
- Green-veined Kratom strains
- White veined kratom strains
There are also some other types available like gold or yellow stains etc. Kratom strains are also divided into different groups depending on the location it is harvested from. Like Red Maeng Da, Green Maeng Da, Red Borneo, Red Bali, Green Malay, White Thai etc. The geographical origin of the kratom plants also affects their natural alkaloid properties within them.
Some important benefits of Kratom
Kratom strains have many alkaloid properties that make them helpful for your health and cure a number of health issues. Kratom strains are well known for their analgesic, Anti-depression, neuroprotective and psychoactive properties.
- Reduces Anxiety- Many people use red indo kratom strains to fight anxiety and stress. Generally, all the kratom strains have sedative properties that help to reduce anxiety levels but white kratom strains are perfect for relaxation.
- Relieves chronic pains- Red kratom strains and green kratom strains in high doses are very effective in reducing pain and body fatigue. Red strains are not only pain-related to injuries but it is even helpful in chronic pain issues.
- Combating depression- Kratom strains are helpful in increasing happy hormones in the body like serotonin dopamine. This further lightens up the mood and helps fight depression.
- Boosts Energy- Being a member of the Coffee family, kratom is helpful in uplifting mood and giving a boost of energy that lasts longer than coffee. An increased level of energy can help you go about your daily routine without getting tired.
- Cures Insomnia- Sedative nature of kratom strains is helpful in creating a calming effect on the body and mind. That is why kratom strains are great natural sleeping aids. These strains are brilliant in improving sleeping patterns and curing serious sleeping disorders like insomnia.
- Helps Fight withdrawal symptoms- Kratom strains are also able to help you with combating addiction issues. It reacts with the opioid receptors and helps to fight addiction problems. Kratom strains are very useful in treating nicotine and opium withdrawal symptoms.
- Improves concentration- Green kratom strains and also some white strains are very good in increasing focus. They have a soothing effect on the mind and also reduce muscle tensions which are important for us to maintain high cognitive power.
Optimal Dosage for Kratom
Measurement of taking kratom is very important as it also determines the effect of kratom on the body. One strain of kratom can work differently with different dosages. So, you need to make sure you are taking the right dosage for your problem.
These measurements for Kratom intake depends upon some basic factors like
- Reason for taking kratom.
- Age and bodyweight of the user.
- Kratom tolerance. Etc.
Depending upon this measurement the optimal dosage for Kratom divides into three parts
- Low dose – 1gm to 2gm.
- Medium dose – 2gm to 5gm.
- High dose – 5gm to 7gm.
- Heavy dose – over 7gm.
Another factor also matters here, which is it can work for different people differently. So, we recommend you start with a low dose and understand your suitable match.
Are kratom strains medically safe?
As the Kratom strains are herbal medicine they generally do not have any negative side effects. But taking anything way more than needed can cause you trouble. Similarly, an overdose of kratom strains also triggers different types of health problems.
Physical effects of overdosing on Kratom
- Jitters in the limbs.
- Respiratory depression.
- Liver damage
- Kidney problems.
- Constipation, change in urine.
- Panic attacks.
Do remember, that all these side effects of overdosing on Kratom. Some people also experiment with kratom by mixing it with other substances like Kava, CBD, Alcohol, etc. And any harsh effect arising from such an experiment it cannot be totally attributed to kratom only.
Though this herb is banned in some countries over the fear of kratom strains’ strong negative effects, it is accepted worldwide as a multi-benefic herb. Generally, kratom strains work as herbal health supplements which have a great number of health benefits. People are using this herb for a long time for multiple reasons and without any critical side effects.
Many people even prefer kratom over allopathic medications because of its fewer negative effects on the body. But if you overdose on anything(even natural compounds) it would have a harsh effect on the body and this also applies to kratom intake. So, you can say that responsible ingestion of kratom for the right reasons will surely give you benefits.