Planning for Long-Term Care in Pennsylvania: Options and Strategies
As people age, it’s natural for them to start thinking about their long-term care needs. Many elderly people need help carrying out their daily tasks, either because of a chronic health condition or because of the natural decline that comes with getting older. In Pennsylvania, there are a variety of options and strategies for planning for long-term care. In this article, we’ll explore some of those options and how Keystone Elder Law can help.
What is Long-Term care?
Long-term care refers to a range of services that are designed to meet the needs of people who can no longer care for themselves independently. This may include assistance with activities of daily living, such as bathing, dressing, and eating, as well as medical care and supervision.
Options for Long-Term Care in Pennsylvania
There are several options for long-term care in Pennsylvania, including:
- In-Home Care: In-home care allows individuals to receive care in the comfort of their own home. This may include assistance with daily activities, as well as medical care and supervision.
- Assisted Living: Assisted living facilities provide housing and supportive services for individuals who need assistance with daily activities but do not require the level of medical care provided in a nursing home.
- Nursing Home Care: Nursing homes provide 24-hour medical care and supervision for individuals who require more intensive care.
Planning for Long-Term Care
Planning for long-term care is an important aspect of estate planning. Here are some strategies to consider:
- Long-Term Care Insurance: Long-term care insurance can help cover the costs of long-term care, including in-home care, assisted living, and nursing home care.
- Medicaid Planning: Medicaid is a government program that provides medical assistance for people with low incomes. Medicaid planning can help you qualify for Medicaid benefits to pay for long-term care.
How Keystone Elder Law Can Help
Keystone Elder Law is a law firm that specializes in elder law and estate planning. They can help you plan for your long-term care needs and develop a comprehensive estate plan that meets your needs. Their services include:
- Long-Term Care Planning: Keystone Elder Law can help you develop a long-term care plan that meets your needs and fits your budget.
- Medicaid Planning: They can help you navigate the Medicaid system and qualify for benefits to pay for long-term care.