Syncope is a condition that most people nowadays are going through. It has been found in a survey that every year nearly 1 million Americans get affected by it. It can be seen in people of any age group however, mostly younger people, especially females between the age group of 12 to 15 are affected by it.
Different kinds of Syncope may occur due to different causes however, it is necessary to get checked up as there may be any severe underlying cause. In such cases, contact with South Valley Neurology, which provides patients with the best treatment. Here the patients are examined by certified neurologists who are trained in the best medical programs.
What is Syncope?
Syncope is a condition of temporary loss of the consciousness of the patient. Mostly it occurs due to the inadequate or less supply of the blood to the brain. It is also seen in cases of low blood pressure or slow heart rate. There are various types of Syncope, for example:
- Vasovagal Syncope: is the most common type of Syncope also known as neurocardiogenic Syncope. It occurs mostly when a person is triggered by acute emotional stress, hunger, prolonged standing, etc.
- Neurological Syncope: it mostly involves cases like strokes, seizures, transient ischemic attack (TIA), etc.
What are the symptoms of Syncope?
Here are the following symptoms that indicate the Syncope:
- Slow weak pulse and abnormal blood pressure
- Tunnel vision
- Skin paleness
- Abnormal movement
Treatment for syncope
The treatment for the Syncope depends upon the frequency and type of the Syncope and upon the various factors that trigger it. However, there are certain things with which you can reduce it:
- Proper medication as prescribed by the doctor
- A healthy and balanced diet.
- Wearing compression garments
- Avoiding caffeinated drinks
- More intake of water
- Increased salt intake ( if the patient doesn’t have high blood pressure)
- Tensing muscles of the limbs while standing and avoiding prolonged standing.
However, in some cases where the Syncope starts showing its warning signs. You can help yourself by:
- Making a fist
- Stretching arms
- Crossing both the legs
- Squeezing both the thighs together
Why see a neurologist for syncope?
Syncope can be caused due to any underlying causes, which most of the time people ignore. However, ignoring such things can later lead to severe cases. Hence, it is better to get checked, and these neurologists are the best ones as they are specially trained in every kind of neurological clinical case. So here are certain regions for which you should prefer a neurologist:
- Easily diagnosed: most of the time normal doctors don’t get the point behind the cause of Syncope. Which can be proved to be risky. However, as neurologists are well trained, they are known for every possible cause that can trigger the Syncope. Hence, they can diagnose Better.
- Precise treatment: they’ll provide you with the best possible treatment. Also, in case there is an underlying disease they can guide the surgeon regarding your condition.
This syncope can sometimes be life-threatening as it also involves sudden falls that can injure the patient. Hence, try to get checked up as soon as possible.