What is a jacketed glass reactor used for
Jacketed glass reactor mainly utilizes the characteristics of its double layer glass. Under normal pressure or negative pressure, hot solution or constant temperature cooling liquid is injected into the interlayer of the glass reactor to heat or cool the materials in the reaction kettle at a constant temperature and provide stirring. In this way, the extraction material is distilled by stirring the cyclic reaction.
It is a commonly used chemical instrument, widely used in modern fine chemicals, biopharmaceuticals, scientific research and experiments and other industries. It can perform constant speed, constant force and constant temperature work under reaction conditions such as concentration, distillation, reflux, separation and purification. The ideal instrument for teaching, experimentation and production.The laboratory jacketed glass reactor can be used for high temperature reaction (the highest temperature can reach 300℃); it can also be used for low temperature reaction (the lowest temperature can reach -80℃); at the same time, it can also be vacuumized for vacuum decompression reaction. Its unique design enables more precise test temperature control and ensures experiments are performed in a safer environment.
The operation of the glass reactor:
Double-wall glass reactors are mainly used for distillation and extraction, we have single-wall, double-wall and triple-wall glass reactors, according to different needs, different types of reactors can be used.The constant stress funnel or regulating valve on the glass reactor allows you to add material to the vessel at a uniform and controlled rate, single/double jacketed glass reactors are designed to The materials undergo a stirring reaction.Each reactor has an adjustable stirring speed and a continuous pressure feed funnel, and a built-in condenser allows the addition of condensing media. There are two kinds of flange clamping mouths, threaded mouth and straight socket, which can be connected with completely different equipment. The receiving bottle is made of GG-17 high borosilicate glass.
Application of jacketed glass reactor:
The jacketed glass reactor is different from the single-layer glass reactor. It can be used for both high temperature reaction and low temperature reaction. The application of the jacketed glass reactor can be divided into:
The jackted glass reactor has a stirring paddle, which is used to stir the liquid or substance put into it to prevent the liquid from evaporating and refluxing, so that the liquid is mixed more fully and the extracted substance is purer.
The jackted glass reactor is mainly used for the distillation and purification of liquid reaction materials. The materials are heated and cooled by the high temperature or low temperature medium in the interlayer, and the stirring function in the kettle body is used to complete the distillation and extraction of the materials.
High temperature reaction:
The jackted glass reactor can be equipped with an oil bath for high temperature reaction. The reaction medium is heated in the oil bath, and then injected into the interlayer by connecting the reactor to heat and react the materials in the kettle.
Low temperature reaction:
Like the high temperature reaction, injecting a cooling medium into the interlayer of the interlayer reaction kettle can cool the materials in the kettle to realize a low-temperature reaction.
Note for glass reactor:
- When doing the reaction of different media in the sandwich reactor, it is necessary to first check whether the main material medium is corroded. Special orders are required for chemical reactions that generate a large amount of gas or high temperature, flammable and explosive, and reactions that cause severe corrosion to stainless steel, such as ultra-high pressure, ultra-high temperature or chloride ions and fluoride ions in the medium.
- When loading the reaction medium, it should not exceed 2/3 of the liquid level of the glass reactor body.
- Do not disassemble with pressure during work or at the end of the work, and it is strictly forbidden to work under the working conditions of overpressure and overtemperature.
- When cleaning the glass reactor, if there is heat-conducting oil in the interlayer, pay attention to wait for the heat-conducting oil to cool before cleaning. Do not mix the heat-conducting oil directly with water or other liquids. Regularly check the oil level of the heat-conducting oil.
- If the machine has abnormal sound during operation, it should be stopped immediately to relieve the pressure, and check whether the stirring system or the motor is abnormal. Regularly check the swing amount of the stirring shaft. If the swing amount is too large, the bearing should be replaced in time.
- The controller itself is not explosion-proof. In order to ensure the normal operation of the controller and the personal safety of employees, it is necessary to avoid flammable and explosive environments such as oil and gas, and an explosion-proof device can be added to the controller.
- After the final reaction temperature is determined, it is not allowed to change the temperature setting during the heating process.
- Under the premise that the controller is powered on, even if the switches such as heating and stirring are not turned on, the output terminal of the rear panel of the controller is live, and it is not allowed to pull or touch any plugs during operation.
- Any switch must be in the initial state before each opening, which requires the operator to develop good working habits, and adjust the switch to the original position after each use to prevent the controller from being caused by excessive current when it is turned on next time. great damage.
- Regularly test each glass reactor to ensure its reliable operation. The working environment of the equipment should meet the requirements of safety technical specifications.