Where to study interior design online for diploma?
Before opting for Interior design courses students should understand what is interior designing all about? What skills are required to opt for pg diploma in interior design? What various courses offering interior designing course should entail?
Interior Designing course:
Interior designers work with architects to plan out the layout, structure, colour schemes, furnishings, and decorations of establishments to not only ensure the best possible utilization of the area at hand but also to make it attractive and offer utility. A perfect blend of art and science, Interior design course, bestows on its students the ability to visualize as well transform their ideas from drawings concepts to reality.
Interior designers offers the services that cover a wide range of spectrum, including interior styling services, facilities design, furniture and furnishings, residential, commercial, retail, hospitality space design and Styling.
In order to opt for a PG diploma in interior design, one should have the following skills:
- Graduate in any discipline
- Students should have creative, colour and design sense along with an ability to visualise.
- Students should have scientific aptitude and analytical mind
- Students should display good communication skills and should be able to work in a team
- Students should understand textures, materials and trends.
- The student should carry his portfolio displaying best of his works.
- Student should display attention to details
- Basic computer and Digital skills
Various available courses:
Interior designing is fast becoming an attractive course since the changing definitions of home as well as work places demands the services of an interior designer. Work places are designed to reduce stress and increase productivity. Home interiors should not only reflect modern lifestyle but also provide relaxed environment to reduce fatigue.
Besides this, India being a large market is attracting leading global brands catering to home and office décor. Thus bolstering demand for highly competent Interior design professionals in future. Lots of colleges are offering courses in “Interior Design and Styling.” However you should opt for pg diploma in interior design course basis the following deliberations:
- In order to cater to graduates from any discipline, college should not only develop a holistic perspective of Interior Designing and Styling but also pursue an integrated approach to design and technical knowledge. Moreover it should be basis a thorough understanding of the market.
- The course must ensure student’s exposure through interactions with industry stalwarts.
- Comprehensive internship and placement program is a must for any successful college course
- Competencies in technical aspects and use of cutting edge softwares will ensure that students are job ready on completion of course
- The course must help the student in development of strong work portfolio that can be showcased to prospective employers.
- Students must be given exposure at both national and international platforms
- The courses must offer diploma that is accredited at national as well as international level.
- Additional career support curriculum to enhance the student’s competencies like Phd or short courses in digital graphics or journalism etc.
- The college must ensure real world projects as well as student’s participation in interior design competitions at both National and international level.
The students represent its college and it’s the duty of the college to prepare them for any contingency and to be worthy of representation.